DIY Poo Pourri Recipes List
DIY Step by Step Poo-Pourri Recipe and Ingredients
Poo Pourri is this really amazing, life-changing, and magical substance that traps poop smells in the toilet, where they belong, so you never have to smell them. People who try it say they are never ever going back, and why would they? You wouldn’t go back to having an embarrassingly stinky bathroom again after finding out what it was like to have a bathroom that never stank!
But, of course, Poo-Pourri costs money. If you’re never going to go back to not having Poo-Pourri, then suddenly you’re going to have to budget for bathroom smell-protectors all the time. There’s good news, though: you can save a lot of money making your own DIY Poo-Pourri! It takes a little bit of time, and you do have to invest in the Poo-Pourri Ingredients which will include some cute spray bottles, Essential Oils, Vegetable Glycerine, Rubbing Alcohol, but after you do that you’ll be able to make your very own DIY Poo-Pourri with Lemongrass Oil for a fraction of the cost of regular brand-name Poo-Pourri!
Pick an Essential Oil and Start Creating!
[content-egg module=Amazon next=1]
Top 15 DIY Poo-Pourri Recipes
- Citrus Mint DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Eucalyptus Mint DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Sweet Roses DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Grapefruit Eucalyptus DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Rose Garden & Herbs DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- DIY Summertime Bliss Poo Pourri Recipe
- White Trees and Citrus DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Sweet Orange DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Sweet Lavender Heaven DIY Poo Pourri Recipe
- Pine Tree Citrus DIY Poo-Pourri Recipe
- Eucalyptus Forest DIY Poo Pourri Recipe
- Tropical Island DIY Poo Pourri Recipe
- Nature Lovers DIY Poo Pourri, Citrus, Trees and Flowers
- Lemon Citrus DIY Poo Pourri Recipe
- Lemongrass Poo Pourri Recipe
Here’s what you need to make DIY Poo-Pourri:
- Essential Oils (A combination of Orange, Lemon, and Bergamot will give you a really good imitation of the original scent)
- Distilled Water
- Rubbing Alcohol or Denatured Alcohol, if desired
- Vegetable Glycerine
- Spray Bottle
- Optional: Labels
- Optional: Polysorbate 20 (Helps blend the Essential Oils and Water)
Exact Directions for DIY Poo-Pourri Spray Recipe
Step 1 – Measure 2 Teaspoons of Vegetable Glycerin[content-egg module=Amazon next=2]
Step 2- Measure 2 Teaspoons of Rubbing Alcohol
Step 3 – Slowly add 20-30 Drops of Lemongrass Essential Oil
Step 4 – Slowly add 4-5 tbsp of Polysorbate 20
Step 5 – Fill the remainder of spray bottle with distilled water
Ratio of Water to Essential Oils in Poo-Pourri
The ratio of essential oils to water is about 40-60 drops to 4 ounces of water. If you want to have DIY Poo-Pourri that smells like the original brand-name scent, then use Orange, Lemon, and Bergamot essential oils. Otherwise you can just use your own favorite scents and make up your own scent blends. Many people like to make differently scented bottles of Poo-Pourri for different times of the year, too.
Rubbing Alcohol or Denatured Alcohol for Poo-Pourri
The rubbing alcohol or denatured alcohol is optional. It helps the essential oils stay dispersed throughout the water, instead of separating out and floating on the top the way oils tend to do. Without some sort of alcohol, you will have to shake your spray bottle vigorously before you use it each time. On the other hand, they give the Poo-Pourri an alcohol-y smell that some people do not like. So whether to use alcohol or not is up to you.
Some people like to find cute little designer spray bottles so that their Poo-Pourri works as decorations as well as really useful air fresheners. Don’t forget the label, so that your guests will know how to use it! Most air fresheners are meant to be sprayed into the air, but of course that’s not how Poo-Pourri works. Lots of people also put little signs next to the spray bottle telling their guests to spray the Poo Pourri into the toilet bowl. It’s just good hospitality to let your guests use your bathroom without having to be embarrassed about the smell. And if you’re going to give your DIY Poo-Pourri as a gift, it’s even more important to make sure your gift recipients know just how to use it right!
Step by Step DIY Poo-Pourri