Poo Pourri Ingredients List
What are the Poo Pourri Ingredients that makes Poo Pourri work so great!
- Essential oils
- Rubbing alcohol
- Spray bottle
Name brand Poop Sprays like Poo Pourri smell amazing and save your pride when you’ve gotta go, but what’s actually in them? They work so well that it seems like they must be made out of distilled unicorn farts or something. And distilled unicorn farts are really hard to DIY.
Fortunately for those of us who poop (that’s everyone, in case you were counting), it’s a lot easier and simpler to make your own DIY poo pourri spray than all that. You don’t need to catch a unicorn and find out how to distill its farts. All you need is some basic, inexpensive ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen cabinet.
And if you don’t already have them, they’re easy to find and cheap to buy.
Ingredients needed to make your own Poo Pourri
- Essential oils: Essential Oils for Poop Spray are the secret sauce to making poo spray work. This is the main ingredient that gives poo pourri and other poo sprays its great smell. Its not just the smell that masks the poop either. The secret is in how essential oils are made. They have oil in them, so this helps trap the bad smelling stool underneath the water, and it puts off a great smell!
- Rubbing alcohol: Rubbing alcohol is another one of the main ingredients in poo pourri poo spray.
- Water: Water is another component in Poo Pourri and this ingredient acts as a type of filler or carrying agent for the other ingredients.
- Spray bottle: While not really an ingredient, it is something you will need to spray your DIY poo pourri spray.
Put about 20 drops of your favorite essential oils in the bottom of the spray bottle. Add a tablespoon of rubbing alcohol. This helps to emulsify the oils and make them dissolve in the water, so that you don’t have to always shake the bottle vigorously before you spray. Fill the bottle the rest of the way with water. Shake once, and you’re ready to go!
Types of Essential Oil Poo Pourri Ingredients
There are many different essential oils you can choose for making your own DIY poo spray. There’s no particular scent that works better than any other, so you are free to select whatever kind of essential oil or oil blend you want your bathroom to smell like. Here are some ideas for scent blends that you might love.
- Spring: rose geranium, hibiscus, and other flower scents
- Summer: lemon, lemongrass, grapefruit, orange, and other citrus scents
- Fall: pine, sandalwood, and other woodsy scents
- Winter: cinnamon, clove, nutmeg, and other spicy scents
Or feel free to create your own custom blend that smells perfect to you! The sky is the limit, so let your imagination run wild with this DIY poo spray recipe!
When you buy Poo Pourri at Walmart, Amazon, or QVC, you’ll usually be paying around $10 per bottle of poop away spray. When you make poo spray yourself, you can usually make your own DIY poo spray for less than a dollar, once you consider how many bottles you can make out of the essential oils you buy. It costs a bit more in up front investment to start making your own no smell poop spray for your bathroom, since you have to buy the bottles of essential oils.
And when going out to buy your Poo Pourri Ingredients, don’t skimp on your essential oils. We recommend that you get a reputable brand of essential oils, so that you don’t end up with low quality oils that are diluted with cheap carrier oils. But each bottle of essential oil will make many bottles of poop odor spray, since you are only using a few drops of essential oil for each bottle of homemade Poo Pourri. So enjoy having a bathroom that smells nice, and while you’re at it you can enjoy saving money too!